Friday, February 8, 2008

August 18, 2007

Hi there!

Here's a quick update for anyone interested! If not, you know where the delete key is!

Ken and I are headed today to spend my 50th birthday at Grand Teton National Park! We are driving in Idaho as I write this. We spent yesterday driving around Crater Lake in Oregon, and then east to Boise, Idaho, where we spent thenight at some random RV park. It was an interesting park - they had three handicapped accessible showers, and an accessible mens bathroom - and NO womens bathroom at all.....can anyone explain that? I would have used the mens bathroom, but there was no lock on the door, and I got creeped out.....hmmmm....good thing we have a bathroom in the rv!

We drove through some very strange countryside yesterday - eastern Oregon is like a moonscape....high desert....no people or habitation for miles and miles of road, just chipmunks, hares and weird shrubs....but really pretty. Oh, wait, there was one great photo op that we both missed....there was a tree at a rest stop completely covered in shoes that people had strung together and thrown over the various branches! In the middle of nowhere. If I had been in a covered wagon and had come across this area on my journey westward, there is NO WAY I would have stopped except for the night! Hoping to get some photos sent out soon. Its a process! We did get the wifi in motion hooked up today - so I can type and drive at the same time (-:

Oh yes, and apparently Zach and Courtney were jealous that Naomi got a puppy, so I now have two grandpuppies....theirs is a six week old golden (who is already driving them crazy!!)

50 is just a number, right?

More soon - Love you all, Mindy

No comments: